The next meeting of the parish council will be held on Monday 13th June at 7pm at the Methodist Church Hall. We look forward to welcoming you.
Hickling Parish Council and Barn warmly invite you to the above events to help celebrate our Queens Platinum Jubilee. On 2nd of June there will be the lighting of the Jubilee Beacon, joining thousands of other beacons across the country and commonwealth with an especially composed fanfare. On 5th June there will be the Jubilee Picnic on the Playing Field with lots of games and competitions to join in with including the best Crown or Tiara. Bring along your own picnic, rugs, chairs etc. and don’t forget your complete June Hickling Herald to claim your free ice cream!
Vacancy – Hickling Parish Council
Parish Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer (Part Time)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, and suitably experienced person to support our team of 11 Parish Councillors. This is a varied and interesting role with a flexible working regime, subject to a commitment of 10 hours per week. The post is based at home, with your attendance at meetings held at the Methodist Chapel Hall in Hickling.
Good organisational and communications skills are extremely important, together with a working knowledge of email and MS Office. Applicants must be able to work independently and able to plan and manage their own workload.
Key duties include:
- Arranging, publicising and attending Parish Council meetings,
- Preparing meeting agendas and minuting the meetings.
- Liaising with the District and County Councils, other organisations and official bodies and the public as required.
- Managing all aspects of the Parish Council’s finances and preparing the accounts for annual internal and external audits.
- Managing correspondence and other administrative tasks. (The annual issue, management and receipt of payment against invoices for the berthing of boats at our Parish Staithe on Hickling Broad is particularly important for this Parish).
- Reviewing all Parish Council policies including Standing Orders & Financial Regulations on an annual basis.
- Managing the Parish Council website.
- Maintaining Parish Council files and records.
- Advising Councillors on all legal matters.
Previous relevant experience would be an advantage and the appointee will be encouraged to take opportunities of training to improve their knowledge and skills. Salary will be based on the NJC Scales depending on experience and qualifications with a minimum starting salary of £13.48 per hr.
For further details and an informal chat please contact Simon Wilson, Chair of Hickling Parish Council 07979 240311 or Jo Belsten, Vice Chair of Hickling Parish Council 07798 518759. (Do please leave a message if no-one answers your call – we will come back to you!)
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line marked CONFIDENTIAL- PC CLERK APPLICATION
Or by post to: HPC New Parish Clerk, c/o The Osiers, Stubb Road, Hickling, Norfolk NR12 0YS
Deadline for applications is Friday 6th May 2022 at 12pm. Interviews to follow shortly after.