The Parish Council has the ability to award grants to local organisations that can demonstrate a clear need for financial support to achieve an objective which will benefit the Parish by: –
- Providing a service,
- Enhancing the quality of life,
- Improving the environment, and promoting the Parish of Hickling in a positive way.
The Parish Council will NOT award grants to:-
- Private individuals,
- Commercial organisations,
- Purposes for which there is a statutory duty upon other local or central government departments to fund or provide.
- “Upward funders”. i.e. local groups where fund-raising is sent to a central HQ for redistribution.
- Political parties,
- Religious organisations: unless for a purpose which does not discriminate on grounds of belief.
This list is not exclusive, and may be added to at the council’s discretion.
If your organisation would like to make an application, full details and an application form can be found here.